Wake Up with Yoga: Waking Up, Standing Tall<br>Birgitte Kristen

Wake Up with Yoga: Waking Up, Standing Tall
Birgitte Kristen

Watch this Practice
Birgitte
RoxY N Dear Roxy,  So happy to hear that you liked the practice. Sitting can be so hard....not only physically but of course also mentally. Hope you are enjoying the rest of your day. Warmest, Birgitte
David G-
1 person likes this.
Good morning Birgitte: 

This popped up on most popular recent videos. I thought it was going to be a Friday night restorative. Well, it wasn't restorative when we moved to the Yang explorations. I felt so much heat, which I needed to get rid of some aches. 

This is one aspect of Digital yoga that analog can't offer: the ability to experience a changeless practice through the lens of a more aligned and stronger/flexible body. And it filled me with so much gratitude that I could practice with you again. 

I started teaching training last month. It's feeding my personal practice in new ways. So much more to learn and give back. 

Best, 
David  

Birgitte
1 person likes this.
David G- Hi David, sorry for the late reply. I am so happy to hear that you are in a teacher training. Such a wonderful way to also deepen your practice. Wishing you a great weekend. Warmest, Birgitte
David G-
1 person likes this.
The Roku app said I did this on September 30th of last year. Did it again tonight, and recognized it right away, but it fit my practice needs very well. How many years did it take you to form your voice and rhythm as a teacher? I like that "couple of more breaths" cue, as it leaves the math to each of us. Hope you have some new shows on the horizon. 
Birgitte
David G- Hi David, So happy the practice worked for you again. I am not sure how long it took me to find a nice rhythm to my instructions.....but, I remember learning fast to take cues from my students; are they easily following along or do I need to be more clear and perhaps slow down. Am I breathing slowly, am I in the yoga zone with them? You are already a teacher and having had to connect with so many students over the years, I am certain you will find a nice pace. Sorry again for the late reply.....building my own studio has been quite time consuming. But all good! Warmest, B
David G-
1 person likes this.
Birgitte Birgitte I am so so happy that you are building a new studio. I hope you have Zoom practices. I will be in SoCal by the end of the summer, and it would be so cool to visit. Your wisdom always shines through! Great advice. Namaste
Birgitte
2 people like this.
David G- This is an only in-person yoga studio. Yes, do reach out to me if you visit LA. Warmest, Birgitte
Libby K
2 people like this.
Dear Birgitte,
This class was my first on Yoga Anytime after I accepted an invitation to a free trial (from my beloved Pilates Anytime).  I loved the session, and how you were in it ... so I then watched your video interview, and was touched by your gentle warmth, beautiful smile and wise reflections.  I am a woman in my 50's also - and so much of what you spoke resonated with/in me.  I did Yoga for many years in my 20's and 30's but would injure myself repeatedly.  For the past 18 years Pilates has been my trusted movement practice ... but the spirituality and depth of Yoga is always with me, and that was met, by your gracious presence this morning.  Thank you so much.
Elizabeth M
1 person likes this.
Libby K What a beautiful message ❤️ We love Birgitte too! Thank you for joining our Yoga Anytime community 🙏 
Birgitte
1 person likes this.
Libby K Dear Libby, Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you are finding your way back to a yoga practice that works for you. I can relate to how some way of practicing can potentially open us up to more injuries. I had to carefully navigate through the 'jungle' of teachers to find the ones that allowed a safe, compassionate, engaging, and intelligent practice that worked for my body. Yoga is so very personal. Thank you for practicing with me. Namaste, Birgitte
31-40 of 42

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial