The Sweet Heart Challenge: Day 2: Cultivate Kindness<br>Wade Gotwals

The Sweet Heart Challenge: Day 2: Cultivate Kindness
Wade Gotwals

Watch this Practice
Wade
Elissa awesome to have you back...you definitely get extra karma credits!
Raquel F
Always amazing. As a teacher myself, I don’t often have the help to remind myself about balancing giving and receiving. Beautiful, graceful, and helpful practice!
Wade
Hi Raquel great to hear from you! Yes as a fellow teacher we definitely need to find our balance when holding space for others all of the time...I'm sure a lot of lucky people are inspired by you
Miriam G
Hola es mi Segundo día y estoy fascinada 🤩 me encanto el
Final del día dos de mandar luz y amor 💖
Kate M
1 person likes this.
Really like the sequencing into the balance poses: that slow walk coordinated with the breath. It's brilliant! Creative and effective sequencing! : )
Kate M
1 person likes this.
A little Sanskrit technical point: the retention of the breath (inside or outside) is kumbhaka. ("U" pronounced as in the double"o" in cool; "A" pronounced as the "u" in but.) (Thinking of drinking your kombucha is not helpful, pronunciation-wise!)
Wade
1 person likes this.
HI Kate great to hear from you and glad that you connected with this practice, the slow walk is one of my favorites!
Wade
1 person likes this.
HI Kate thanks for the feedback on this, at one time someone had told me there was a different name for the holding out breath so good to hear they are the same...obviously sanskrit is not my specialty but love learning so grateful for the connection on this!
Kate M
bahya kumbhaka = external retention; antara kumbhaka = internal retention (just checked in BKS Iyengar's Light on Pranayama. I always forget which is which!)
Wade
1 person likes this.
HI Kate thanks for sharing the wisdom! Im copying pasting it so I can share with my Teacher Trainees!!
21-30 of 47

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Yoga Anytime Logo

Just Show Up

Over 2,900 yoga and meditation practices to bring you Home.

15-Day Free Trial